Senior Full-Stack Developer
WHAT DO WE DO
Skyward App Company, founded in 2011, is a bespoke software development company highly regarded for the caliber of our work, people and workplace culture. We create custom solutions for global clients, nonprofits and other technology firms. That might be a mobile app that uses Augmented Reality to show farm analytics data over a field of corn, a mini-wikipedia that allows a non-profit to spread the word of its deeds and cause, or a communication platform for equipment on a dairy farm, from pumps to PCs. And sometimes we take some time for ourselves and invent a new social card game.
We are an agile development studio that holds ourselves to a high standard. The plan may pivot at any time, but the quality of our design, development, documentation, code reviews, and testing is the hallmark of our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We require an experienced Senior Full-Stack Developer to support on-going development projects in an agile environment. We are looking for candidates with a strong foundation of architectural skills who can start with a high level “Epic”, then design, develop, and lead the implementation of an end-to-end solution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the CTO, Product Owner, and clients to develop requirements.
- Work within an Agile environment to create user stories, track progress, and close out tickets. Own features and ensure their proper design and implementation.
- Contribute technical input to tickets. Understand and communicate the impact of functional decisions on the implementation. Explain technical decisions to the team.
- Develop Front and Back-End code.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Review code, maintain code standards, and provide input to update code standards.
- Monitor and support the entire SDLC from concept development through production.
- Support the development of appropriate documentation.
- Identify improvements to streamline and reduce errors in our development process.
- Communicate openly and clearly with peers, leadership and customers.
As we’re a small company, there’s an opportunity for you to get as involved as you want in any aspect of our business.
The salary is expected to be $125,000 to $145,000 per year.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- 6+ years of development in a full-stack development environment.
- Experience working within an Agile Development environment.
- Familiarity with ticket systems like JIRA and Target Process.
- Working familiarity with source control tools like Git.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field of study
- Experience with cloud systems like AWS or Azure
WHAT YOU WILL GET
Skyward Apps has a rich set of benefits including:
- Health Insurance. We offer PPO, HMO, or HSA plans, along with Dental and Vision! We pay for your individual premium. Yes, we pay for the entire individual premium.
- Simple IRA retirement account, with a company match. Think of it as a raise for your 65-year-old-self.
- Paid Time Off. We have a simplified system so we don’t care if you’re going overseas or you need to stay home with a sick kiddo. We also have standard holidays each year.
- Life Insurance. We really hope you don’t need this, but it’s a bit of peace of mind for your family.
- Monthly Games Night. Sometimes we break out the Switch, sometimes Apples to Apples. We’re open to suggestions!
- Flexible Hours. We have core hours that we adhere to but recognize there are demands outside of work that sometimes need to take precedent.
- Remote working, as needed. In today’s environment we plan for remote work.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
We’re a small Maryland-based company and a close-knit team. We have a collection of talent in a multitude of areas, and we’re all constantly learning from each other and suggesting new improvements. We focus on the solutions, not the problems; if the world stopped having problems, we’d all be out of a job.
We’re an agile team that’s looking for hard working individuals who care about their work and learning new things. We are passionate about helping both clients and coworkers achieve new goals and spending our working hours doing what we love with people we like.
If this sounds like something you’ve been looking for, please drop us a resume.